Starting a blog or finding an outlet for creative writing is something many people aspire to. What is a blog you may ask? Well it can be different things to different people. I happened to come across this awesome infographic, thanks to Ignitespot that explains it very well. Have a look and let me know what you think.
So one of the things on my bucket list is to create this blog. That has involved learning a lot of new fan-dangled jargon and a whole lot of computer skills. Most important of which is not to press the post, publish or enter button too quickly!!!
In the last week I have had the following mishap-adventures in my attempts to start this blog:
- A fatal error message after fiddling with things I should have left alone, that resulted in me losing access to my website and having to call in the hosting surgeons to perform emergency surgery and revive my blog!
- Spending hours and hours trying to figure out how to get the Facebook button to work on the website.
- Setting up a Facebook page for the blog and then repeatedly posting the same item on my blog page from my individual page! Turns out that I need to read the fine print on the top of the page . It tells me who I am posting as! D’oh!! Such a Homer moment!
- Finding out how to snip and cut and resize images and make them suitable for the web. All those fine motor skills I learnt as a child are insufficient!
- Trying to figure out the behind the scenes stuff that impacts on how the blog actually looks. The different regions of my brain feel like they playing Twister!
- Learning to post, publish, update, refresh, etc., etc.,……….
Such an adventure, I am loving it!!!